Then, everything started with a drawing that I made on the backside of an old calendar.I took the main measurements from an existing bow, but made the look much more biological. I do not wanted any hard edges on that bow. The sight-window will be a wide curve to let the archer see as much as possible of the target.
Then I glued (Uhu Endfest 300) three layers of two centimeter thick ply-wood together to a big block and glued printings of my Illustrator-file on top of that. The next step was to saw everything out with a jigsaw and a lot (!!!) of work on the belt sander.
A lot of sanding with sand paper followed and a varnish with linseed oil.
Now I prepared the parts of the riser where the limbs gets attached.
Then I built the riser plates from stainless steel. I brazed three pieces to an "H" shape and drilled the holes for the limb skrews.
I installed the thread inserts in the riser and glued the riser plates into place.